History

The original house which was built in 1693 and was substantially altered and extended in the 1770s. It remained almost unchanged until a serious fire in 1979. The house was restored as near as possible to the original and has since been occupied by Lord and Lady Aylesford and their five children. Although the house is available for functions it remains first and foremost a home.